Teacher Decision Making Scholarship (Selected)
Teacher Knowledge Scholarship (Selected)
- Griffith, R. (2017). Preservice teachers’ in-the-moment teaching decisions in reading. Literacy. 51(1), 3-10. doi: 10.1111/lit.12097 (Article selected as a featured research article by Wiley Publisher’s World Teacher Day Campaign)
- Philips, S. & Griffith, R. (2017). The role of classroom discourse and teacher decision-making on student agency during writing. Literacy Practice and Research, 42(2), 27-33.
- Anderson, S., Griffith, R., & Crawford. L. (2017). TPACK in special education: Preservice teacher decision making while integrating iPads into instruction. Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education, 17(1).
- Griffith, R., Bauml, M., & Quebec-Fuentes, S. (2016). Promoting metacognitive decision-making in teacher education. Theory Into Practice. 55(3), 242-249. Themed issue: Adaptive teaching: Theoretical implications for practice. doi.10.1080/00405841.2016.1173997
- Griffith, R., Bauml, M., & Barksdale, B. (2015). In-the-moment teaching decisions in primary grade reading: The role of context and teacher knowledge. Journal of Research in Childhood Education, 29, 444-457. doi: 10.1080/02568543.2015.1073202.
- Griffith, R. & Lacina, J. (2015). Making in-the-moment teaching decisions: A matter of knowledge. Literacy Today, 33(3), 24-25.
- Griffith, R. & Groulx, J. (2014). Profile for teacher decision making: A closer look at beliefs and practice. Journal of Research in Education, 24 (2), 103-115.
- Griffith, R. (2014). Using guided writing conferences to guide teaching decisions during interactive writing. Journal of Reading Education, 39 (3). 14-21.
- Griffith, R., Massey, D., & Atkinson, T. (2013). Examining the forces that guide teaching decisions. Reading Horizons, 52(4), 305-332.
Teacher Knowledge Scholarship (Selected)
- Faggella-Luby, M., Griffith, R., Silva, C., & Weinburgh, M. (2016). Assessing ELLs reading comprehension and science understanding using retellings. Electronic Journal of Science Education, 20(3), 150-166.
- Griffith, R., Silva, C., & Weinburgh, M. (2014). Language and literacy brokering: Becoming“linguisticians” through parent interviews. Language Arts, 91(5), 340-351.
- Griffith, R. & Zhang, G. (2013). Service learning in teacher preparation: Returns on the investment. The Educational Forum, 77, 256-276.
- Lacina, J. & Griffith, R. (2012). Blogging as a means of crafting writing. The Reading Teacher, 66(4), 316-320.
- Parsons, S., Massey, D., Vaughn, M., Faircloth, B., Howerton, S., Atkinson, T., Griffith, R., &Scales, R. (2011). Developing teachers’ reflective thinking and adaptability in graduate courses, Journal of School Connections, 3(1), 91-111.
- Griffith, R., Swaggerty, E., Hu, R., Thompson, L., & Cannon, T. (2010). On the cusp of great knowledge: An investigation of how a reading methods course supported the development of characteristics of excellent reading teachers. Journal of Reading Education, 36(1), 27-35.
- Zeller, N., Griffith, R., Zhang, G., & Klenke, J. (2010). From stranger to friend: The effect of service learning on preservice teachers' attitudes toward diverse populations. Journal of Language and Literacy Education, 6(2), 34-50.
- Griffith, R. (2010). Students learn to read like writers: A framework for teachers of writing. Reading Horizons, 50(1), 49-66.
- Lesley, M., Hamman, D., Olivàrez, A., Button, K., &, Griffith, R. (2009). “I’m prepared for anything now”: Student teacher and cooperating teacher interaction as a critical factor in determining the preparation of "quality" elementary reading teachers. The Teacher Educator, 44(1), 40-55.
- Griffith, R. (2008). The impact of a scripted reading program on teachers' professional spirits. Teaching & Learning: The Journal of Natural Inquiry and Reflective Practice, 22(3), 121-133.
- Hamman, D., Olivàrez, A., Lesley, M., Button, K., Chan, Y., Griffith, R., & Elliot, S. (2006). Pedagogical influence of interaction with cooperating teachers on the efficacy beliefs of student teachers. The Teacher Educator, 42(1), 15-29.